Experiencing poor internet connections can cause issues in your game. Try these troubleshooting steps to identify and resolve common connection issues.
If you are experiencing poor internet connections, try these steps to help resolve common issues.
- Check Hardware Connections:
- Ensure all cables are securely plugged in.
- If using Wi-Fi, make sure your device is within range of the router.
- Restart Your Devices:
- Turn off your computer, modem, and router.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then turn them back on in this order: modem, router, and computer.
- Check for Service Outages:
- Visit your ISP's website or contact their customer support to check for reported outages or maintenance in your area.
- Check with your ISP to ensure Peer-to-Peer connections are permitted
- Six Days uses peer-to-peer for multiplayer. Some ISPs block peer-to-peer connections due to security concerns
- Test Connection on Multiple Devices:
- Connect other devices to the network to see if they experience the same issues.
- Adjust Wi-Fi Placement:
- Place your router in a central location and away from obstructions.
- Disable Bandwidth-Intensive Applications:
- Close or pause software that may use a lot of bandwidth to see if it improves your connection speed.
- Check for Software Updates:
- Ensure your modem, router, and devices have the latest software updates installed.
By following these basic troubleshooting steps, you can often resolve common internet connection issues. If the problems persist, reach out to your ISP's customer support for further assistance. "