You can communicate with your team in two ways: Proximity and Radio
You can talk with team members who are near you (Proximity) by simply speaking. Proximity chat uses voice-activated chat (VOX).
Things to keep in mind about proximity chat are:
- Volume decreases the further away you are from your teammates or when there is something between you and your team
- Proximity chat is always on and is voice-activated.
You can use the Radio to talk to your team when they are unable to hear you normally (too far away, something between you blocking sound). Radio communications use Push to Talk (PTT).
Things to keep in mind about Radio communication are:
- Radio volume is not affected by the location of your team members
- The Radio is a great way to communicate with the whole team.
To use the Radio, push and hold:
- PC - Spacebar
- PS4/PS5 -R1
- Xbox - Right Bumper
To change Microphone and Voice Chat settings, navigate to Settings, then Audio. From there you can change the following:
- Voice Chat Volume
- The volume you hear other players’ voice chat in-game.
- Mic Volume
- The volume other players will hear you in-game.
- Input Mic
- The microphone the game uses to transmit your voice.
- Radio Panning
- This feature controls whether the audio panning effect for the radio occurs in both ears, the right ear or the left ear.